Thursday, October 30, 2008

BUILDING THE BANK ROLL: Take It From The Top!

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. November's right around the corner for the "November Nine" World Series Of Poker final table! I'm excited to watch.

So here's my situation: not too long ago, I started winning in free rolls and weekly round 2's here and there and managed to win $5. But next week I'm starting an office job where I have to work weekends, so I won't be able to play in round 2's anymore.

So now, I'm turning my attention to single table Sit & Go tournaments. Pokerstars has lots of good promotions for Sit & Go's and right now, I'm finding they are the best place to work on my game. There's no crazy all-in people, and if there are, at least you get to stay at the same table and get a shot at them later. It's also a good place to study your opponents and use what you know about them throughout the single table tournament. You can also work on your end game and head to head skills if you get that far.

So after a couple weeks of single table Sit & Go's at $1.20 apiece, I managed to turn $5 into $57! BUT, I have to confess, I originally deposited $50 into my Pokerstars account from my credit card at the beginning in July, when I really didn't have the money! So really, getting to $57 is essentially just recouping my initial investment. So on that note, I cashed out $50 from my account, and now the $7 I have is house money and I'm basically building my bank roll from 0.

So now, here I am, with a $7 bank roll and stars in my eyes. Chris Ferguson was able to turn $0 into $10,000 online starting with free rolls and working his way up and I aspire to do the same thing. Wish me luck and I'll keep you updated!

No comments: