Monday, July 21, 2008

POKERSTARS HUBBLE FREE ROLLS: Houston, We Have A Training Ground!

Day 2 of the poker blog and I'm still going strong! I've been searching for poker blogs similar to mine and there are quite a few of them out there... with their last entries being 2-3 years ago. Ouch. Must've gave up the good fight, one all-in or bad beat too many, I suppose.


I also stumbled across an article that claims that poker sites have created "'fake poker blogs," in which a company will create a poker blog simply as a marketing tool to promote their site.'". People want to hear about real authentic individual experiences, not some crap disguised as a blog. And although my first two entries sound like I'm a fake poker blog for Pokerstars, I'm not. It just so happened that they're the first site I've tried and I'm sticking to it for now until I have a reason to join another site. So I will let you all know right now that I AM REAL! Would a fake blog use words like poop, fart and boobies, like I'm doing now? Huh? Huh? Worry not, my loyal reader of two entries, I am real. In fact, here I am:

And to finish off the above topic, I'd like to call out Pokerstars right now to start paying me to do this blog! Yeah, that's right! Average Joe Schmoe pluggin' their site with wit, poops, farts and boobies (Hey I'm unemployed, I have absolutely nothing to lose by writing this part in here, so I will).

Rewinding back to 9 days ago when this obsession began, I was looking for a place to learn how to play against real people without losing all my moolah and without playing against people who go all-in right from the get with Q-5 offsuit (like they usually do in free-play tournaments) Just to clear things up for those that don't know, free-play tournaments are for play money and free-rolls are where you can actually win real money and/or real entries into bigger tournaments.

Enter the Hubble No Limit Hold 'Em Freerolls taking place a few times daily on Pokerstars.com. They take a hell of a long time to play without the upside of decent prizes (the top 98 out of usually 12000 entrants get entry into a $2000 tournament of their choice), but for my purpose, a cheap place to work on my game, it'll do juuuuusssst fine :). Unfortunately you do get those crazies who go all-in from the get, but from my experiences so far, within the first half hour to an hour, a good portion of the crazies are eliminated and it settles down into some decent poker with actual strategies being used like I've read in the Harrington book.

So, you wanna know how I've done in them so far? Well, I haven't quite gotten to the top 98, but I'm inching closer and closer every day! Check it:


  1. July 15, 2008 - finished 8069 out of 12000

  2. July 15, 2008 - 5566 out of 12000

  3. July 16, 2008 - 5035 out of 8279

  4. July 16, 2008 - 2181 out of 120000

  5. July 17, 2008 - 998 out of 12000

  6. July 17, 2008 - 716 out of 12000

  7. July 20, 2008 - 234 out of 12000

The numbers don't lie, I am getting better! I am like some kind of crazy super cyborg pickin' up knowledge and adapting as I go! Remember when John Connor taught the terminator to say Hasta La Vista, baby? I'm like that! And by next week, I'll be fluent in the whole damn spanish language! And the poker cats out there will run from me in fear, watch out now! And then suddenly, I will start speaking with an austrian accent and become governor of California! (lost the metaphor there, somewhere... oh well) I can almost smell the top 98, smells like chicken! I hope it tastes like chicken... Shake n Bake chicken... Italian flavored and dipped in a Ketchup-Lousiana Hot Sauce mixture. Okay, I'm tired and rambling now. See y'all later!

No comments: